Spiffy Blue FAQ
I see two Spiffy apps. Which one should I download?
Download the Spiffy Blue app for
Where do I plug in my Spiffy Blue sensor?
How do I connect the Spiffy Blue app to the Spiffy Blue sensor?
- Download the Spiffy Blue app
- Start your car and leave it running
- Turn on your phone’s Bluetooth
- Open the Spiffy Blue app and click “Scan Now”
- Now take control of your car care
- Check that the Spiffy Blue sensor is completely plugged into your OBD port
- Try removing and reinserting the Spiffy Blue sensor
- Keep your vehicle turned on & running
- Turn your phone’s Bluetooth on & keep your phone close to the sensor
Stillhave questions? Our customer care team is here to help. You can give us a call at 877-433-6840.
Can I use Spiffy Blue for multiple cars?
You can use one Spiffy Blue sensor per car. If you purchase a sensor for each of your vehicles, you can manage them all within the Spiffy Blue app.
How long can I leave Spiffy Blue plugged in?
You can leave Spiffy Blue plugged in for as long as you want. It does not retrieve data without you asking by clicking 'Scan Now' for a scan.
Does Spiffy Blue track me?
No, Spiffy Blue does not track your vehicle. Spiffy Blue solely reads trouble codes from your
Does my car need Bluetooth?
No, your car does not need Bluetooth. Your phone’s Bluetooth is all you’ll need in order to connect to the sensor.
Can Spiffy Blue clear a check engine light?
Yes. Based on customer feedback, the latest version of the Spiffy Blue app can clear the check engine codes. If you go to the vehicle diagnostics page, there is a "clear" button on the top. When you click it, it prompts a disclaimer and once you accept it clears the code and turns off the check engine light.